Monday, May 9, 2011

laces up my running shoes once again... this time i'm san francisco bound!

After a six month hiatus from Team In Training... and pretty much from running altogether,  it's time to dust off the running shoes and purple singlet, and hit the road for some major miles and serious fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

As you may already know, I lost one of my grandmothers to breast cancer. My other grandmother is still suffering the repercussions of treatment for uterine cancer. My cousin died of brain cancer. My mother-in-law died of pancreatic cancer. My mom's cousin died of lung cancer. My great-uncle died of colon cancer. My friend Dolly died of breast cancer... Several friends have undergone treatment for Leukemia or Lymphoma. Another friend is one year free of throat cancer. And my grandad is currently undergoing treatment for colon cancer.

On a more personal note... I am healing very nicely from a surgery to remove skin cancer from my face.

So my commitment to fundraising to find a cure for cancer comes from a very deep place.


This time around I am training with the team to run the Nike Marathon, which is a race dedicated to raising awareness and funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Once again, I will be acting as a mentor for the Team... helping the other participants to reach their goals.

My personal goal for this event is to raise $3000 (three thousand dollars)... and I can't do it without your help.  Please click on the link in the upper right hand corner to make a donation on my Team In Training fundraising webpage. Any contribution small or large will be greatly appreciated.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment