Saturday, May 14, 2016

withdrawal sucks

so... a week or so ago, with the encouragement of my coach and doctor... i withdrew myself from America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride.

six weeks of no activity due to coming down with pneumonia following the Paris Marathon has left me feeling grossly unprepared for a 100 mile bike ride. and there is just not enough time to regain the fitness...

i hated having to make that decision, but it is the right one.

i can do AMBBR next year, i can do another ride later this year, or i can do another endurance event (marathon) later this year... with the Team.

fear not, to all of you who so generously supporting my fundraising efforts for the Century ride. you money will not go to waste... LLS will put it to good use, supporting patients and their families, helping to find new treatments, etc.

i will be lacing up my shoes later today to head out for my first run in 6 weeks, and see how it goes... with any luck, it won't take me TOO long to bounce back.

i'll keep you posted on my next TNT adventure, once i've made a decision about what it will be.

thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment