Friday, June 28, 2013

away for the weekend...

Although I have been a mentor for every TNT season I've run but the very first one... this season I decided not to volunteer for that position. It is very rewarding to help my teammates reach their goals, but it can be quite time consuming... time that I just don't have for the moment.

One of the perks of not mentoring is that you can choose to attend group trainings, or not... as it suits you.

Last weekend it suited me to go to Toronto to visit friends. Saturday morning I got up early and headed out to the neighbourhood track to log my scheduled miles. I don't normally run on a track, the idea of counting laps doesn't really motivate me... but this track was really wonderful.

There were people playing soccer. People throwing balls for their dogs. A bootcamp class... kids playing... a couple runners on the track, and some leisurely walkers.



If all tracks were like this one, I might find myself more inspired to run the track more often....

No comments:

Post a Comment