Tuesday, July 9, 2013

long drive, short run...

because of the geographic make up of the National Capital Area team... we do a lot of trying to please everybody at least part of the time. that means not only finding trails with parking and access for water stops (and toilets if we're lucky), and the capacity to handle a large group of runners... but also finding them in places that are convenient to northern Virginia and Maryland.

essentially, it means a lot of driving to get to and from training... most of the time. for me, at least.

last Saturday was no exception... it took me an hour and a half (leaving at 6am) to get to the site of our team run in Maryland... then an hour and a half of running, a little parking lot post run chatter, and then an hour and a half to get home. oof!

but, i so appreciate the support and camaraderie of training with a team... i need that.

it's been hot and humid, with makes me feel lethargic and unmotivated. having the team to be accountable to makes training possible.. for me, at least.

tonight, it will be a hot and steamy 5 mile run on my own. next Saturday, we're up to 10 miles.
it's all going so fast! October will be here before we know it.

must start to make the push on my fundraising. that's the hardest part for me... i just have to keep reminding myself, i'm not asking for money for me... i'm asking for people who are fighting for their lives, or for their families who are struggling to pay hospital bills and mortgages... they really need it, and i can help.

so can you. if you are able, please click on the link to my fundraising page and make a donation. all donations are tax deductible. every little bit helps.

thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment