Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I want to ride my bicycle (bicycle!)

What's on my mind this morning? Well, within the course of one week I will have had friends and family go through a full spectrum of cancer related events: diagnosis, on-going treatment, surgery to remove cancerous cells and post-cancer reconstructive surgery...

A good friend here in Northern Virginia is waiting on biopsy results which are expected to confirm a diagnosis of lymphoma. My cousin is having reconstructive surgery today. My mom will have her sixth eye surgery (for ocular melanoma) on Monday. And we are coming up on the anniversaries of the passing of my mother-in-law and my grandmother.

So my heart is heavy this morning.

In honour, in support and in memory... I have once again committed to raising funds to help find a cure for cancer. If you would like to help, you can join me by making a donation online right here http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/ambbr16/MTataje
 
LLS research grants have funded many of today's most promising advances, including targeted therapies and immunotherapies. Some of the therapies first approved for blood cancer patients are now helping patients with other types of cancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment