Tuesday, August 27, 2013

wrung out...

a weekend away to catch up with old friends can be just what the doctors order... a chance to reconnect and recharge.

as an expat, those special occasional weekends back "home" are essential to my mental health... but they can be pretty hard on my physical health.

there's the too much to eat and drink factor, the not much sleep factor, and the almost missing my flight due to heavy traffic super stress factor... all of which wreck havoc on my wonky immune system.

an excess of stress and fatigue has lead to sores in my nasal passages, sores on my gums, swollen and painful joints, foggy thinking and difficulty concentrating.... and an all encompassing tiredness. i'm scheduled to run 5 miles this evening, but it's just going to have to wait til tomorrow.


on another note... I'd like to send a big thank you to my dentist, Dr Ryan Reeves for his generous donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and helping me reach my fundraising goals.


you can help too, just click here... and make a donation on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment