Tuesday, January 28, 2014

brrrrrrrrr...

It was a cold and sunny morning for our Team run on Sunday. Turns out we were NOT training at Fletcher's as the trails were icy and unsafe. So, we did laps on the National Mall instead. Being as I do not often get in to DC, and rarely run there (except race routes!), I really enjoyed having the opportunity to run there and enjoy the chiming of the Smithsonian clock, sun glinting off the very frozen Reflecting Pond in front of the Capitol Building, and dodging a few tourists taking photos in front of the Lincoln Memorial...

(apparently i just missed seeing the park police shuffle across the ice to shoo off a group of people playing hockey on the pond...)

My husband has been nursing a wicked cold all week, and I woke up Sunday morning feeling as though the cold had taken root in my sinuses at last. So I thought I would just go to training and run, but maybe just a few miles. The half marathoners were scheduled to to 10, full marathoners 16...  that's either 2.5 laps around the Mall, or 4 laps. In the end, I ran 14 of the 16 scheduled miles. Further than I had intended, but not as far as I should have if I'm going to run RNR USA in mid-March.

Depending on how training goes over the next few weeks, I may decide to run the half after all...

It's hard to get out and do the mid-week training miles when it's already dark when I get home after work... and harder still when it's cold and dark! But, no where near as hard as it is to go through treatment for cancer. So, I'm committed to getting back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment