Tuesday, February 4, 2014

what's new with you?

After last weekend's 10 mile training run with the team, I poked my head in the Potomac River Running store and picked up a new pair of shoes... that last pair are starting to feel a bit thin, so perhaps two marathon season are a little more than they can handle.

And then I spent the afternoon baking like a mad fool... several loaves of banana bread, chocolate cake, gluten free brownies, gluten free cookies, and pumpkin & peanut butter dog treats... because Sunday was not only Super Bowl Sunday, but also bake sale Sunday! Sara and I were once again flogging our ware in an effort to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. At least this weekend it was not cold! And all in all, it was a great success.

Add to that the money I raised selling squares for my Super Bowl Pool (half of the proceeds went to the winners, and half to LLS)... and I am almost 1/4 of the way to reaching my fundraising goal of $2000. I've got two more months to go, and I know that with your help, I can get there!


No comments:

Post a Comment