Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hip Hop (IHOP) Away!

(photo taken at IHOP's International Pancake Day by Brian Vaugh)

FUNdraising success! After a mere 12 hours of standing in the front lobby of a couple local IHOPs on International Pancake Day... sometimes with other TNT volunteers (like Kim and Lindsay in the photo) and sometimes on my own... that donation box contained over $1500 worth of donations to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

IHOPS all over the greater DC area were raising money for the LLS. Can't wait to hear what the over-all grand total was for donations raised yesterday.

In theory, the funds raised will be divided amongst the volunteers in a way that reflects how much time they spent fundraising yesterday. This means that, in theory, I should have about $750 applied to my fundraising efforts, which would push me over the top of my fundraising goal! Yippeeee! However, we won't find out until next week how it all gets divided up... so I shall wait til then to be elated.

In the mean time, it is a gloriously sunny day. Cold though... and I'm heading out for the five mile run I was scheduled to do yesterday, but couldn't because I was surrounded by pancakes.

ps. yes, my t-shirt does say "Cancer Sucks!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of all the work you're doing myfriend, running, baking, raising funds.

    I hope you remember to take credit for it yourself.

    ReplyDelete