Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Several successes of the week

Good morning all...

It's been a busy week (and it's only Wednesday!)

Saturday was the first Cycle Team training session that I have made it to thus far this season... We met out in Sterling, on the W&OD trail. Pumped up our tires. Share our mission moment. And hit the trail. Starting temperature 36 degrees F, finishing temperature 42 degrees F. At least the sun was shining and it was beautiful, even if it was cold!!!!!!

Until that moment, I had not heard what our training plan for the day was going to be... Aaaaand... it was a 3 hour ride. First time in the saddle this year, and I rode 32 miles... with a few stops to warm hands and feet, and refuel.

you probably can't tell that i'm wearing longjohns, wool sweater, wooly hat under helmet, gortex socks... and am still chilly!


Then, on Monday my personal honoured teammate Jenn started chemotherapy... It also just happened to be Leap Day.

My "Leap (in the lake) Day" fundraising campaign had been off to a slow and steady start... but on Monday morning there was a wild flurry of activity. I guess my friends, family and colleagues hadn't realized just how much they wanted see me jump in the lake in February until that very moment!

When we reached my "$1000 by noon on Leap Day" goal with time to spare, I called my husband to ask him what it would take to get him to leap in the lake with me... and together we upped the ante. If we reached $1600 by 16:00 (4pm) he would jump with me! His friends and colleagues answered our call and at 15:52 we hit the $1600 mark.

So here we are... taking the plunge, into the 38 degree F (3.3 degree C) lake near our house.






And here is a little video my husband filmed before and during our leap. I hope all my donors feel they got their money's worth! And know that it is going to support a terrific cause.




If you are interested in making a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, it's not to late... you can do so right here:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/ambbr16/MTataje

No comments:

Post a Comment