Monday, January 12, 2015

26 Reasons to Run - Reason #13

I run for Mr Firrito


Click here to see the original post - Reposted from March 2009 

i did not much feel like running on Saturday... it has been a very long and stressful couple of weeks and i'm feeling exhausted. i did manage to log the short runs during the week, but when Saturday morning rolled around i just wasn't feeling it.

Saturday morning my sister-in-law's father-in-law died after a long battle with leukemia and lung cancer... he was in remission when i first met him at my sister-in-law's wedding two years ago. his health was failing again last fall when i saw him at my niece's christening... he collapsed moments before his scheduled chemo appointment on Thursday, and passed early Saturday morning.


I ran for Mr Firrito that afternoon, and in two week's time I will run mile #13 in his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment