Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The race is over, but the search for a cure continues

Greetings all..

Sad but true, race day has come and gone. There was a whole lot of walking (inside the world's longest convention centre... had to walk at least a mile to get from the entrance to the race expo!!), a whole lot of eating (gumbo, jambalaya, po'boys, beignets & chicory coffee, Zapps "crawtator" potato chips, king cake... and the TNT pre-race inspiration pasta dinner, of course)... there was a whole lot of sunshine and wind and gatorade and potholes and cheering for teammates out on the race course. And then there was the stress and worry about whether or not we were going to make it home during the horrendous snow storm.

Two days post race, I'm still feeling a little dehydrated, but am not as stiff and sore as I feared I would be. I don't appear to be at risk of losing any toenails. And I have some shiny new gear to show off!!


Although the race is over, the search to find a cure for blood cancers continues... so, my fundraising site will remain open for a couple more weeks.

And, no sooner has one TNT season ended, but the next one has started already. This time, a triathlon... I'm somewhat terrified.

I'll tell you all about it as I go along. Thanks for being with me on the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment