Tuesday, January 6, 2015

26 Reasons to Run - Reason #9

Here is reason #9 that I continue to run with Team In Training, and continue to raise funds to try to find a cure for cancer.


Mile # 9, I run for my friend KEIRAN


Keiran and I were in the Peace & Conflict Studies program together at university in Nova Scotia, and worked to start a new student society for our department. I went on to work in France for a couple years, and Keiran went to Mexico to work as a human rights advocate. Years later we reconnected when we both moved back to Canada, and were working in a city that was new to both of us... 



Keiran was diagnosed with leukemia in 2012... She is doing well now, and I've been trying to get her to come down from Canada for a visit, and to cheer the Team on at an event (or training). I'll get her down here one of these days!!


No comments:

Post a Comment