Tuesday, January 13, 2009

i have to admit...

I was feeling pretty crippled after Saturday's ten mile/sixteen km run.
Mostly because it was cold out in the parking lot at the end of the run, and I didn't feel like hanging about to stretch properly. So, it was my fault.

Today's run was on the treadmill, so I didn't have to worry about it being too cold or too windy, etc. Too boring i had to worry about.

Running the treadmill requires music, because, even though there are a few televisions in the room, none of them are directly in front of me... and if i look up and to the right while running on the treadmill, i inevitably run into the guard rails. And then I either flail about to keep my balance, or fall over... either way, it leaves me feeling like catching the latest spanish soap opera or that re-run of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air just really isn't worth it.

And so, I choose headphones. Besides, get a good driving beat and I can run faster and further... too bad we're not allowed to wear them on TNT group runs.

Today's playlist included:

Feist - Inside and Out
Leonard Cohen - Dance Me to the End of Love
Diana Krall - Fly Me to the Moon
Joe Arroyo - Rebelion
Gordon Lightfoot - Don Quixote
Ani Difranco - Shameless
Stompin Tom - The Ketchup Song
Harry Connick Jr - Come By Me
Esthero - Wikked Lil Girls
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
Men At Work - Down Under
Bjork - There's More to Live Than This
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
Paul Simon - Obvious Child
Alkisti Protopsalti - Ya Habibi
Los Lobos - Spanish Guitar
Alys Robi - Tico Tic
Brenda Fassie - Memeza
Deeelite - Groove Is In the Heart
Bjord - Big Time Sensuality
Blind Melon - No Rain
and a few more...

1 comment:

  1. mp3's are pretty awesome; somehow their choice of soundtrack always works!

    ReplyDelete